Meet the Girl Behind the Blog
Welcome ambitious Millennials and go-getters!
I’m so happy you stopped by my blog, so it is only right to introduce myself.
I’m Shaina! I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, and I am a city girl at heart. I am currently in the Ailey/ Fordham BFA in Dance Program with a major in dance and a minor in New Media and Digital Design. I hope to tour the world as a professional dancer, and starting summer 2017 I will embark on a new journey as an Ailey II apprentice. I like to call myself a dancer by day and a blogger by night.
I think as Millennials we are the generation in which we don’t settle for one thing when we can do it all! And that’s me! I love to dance and I have devoted the majority of my twenty years of life to it, 16 years to be exact. I adore the art of dance and I cannot wait to join a company and tour the world.
However, before I created my blog there was a little birdie in my ear that kept telling me to push the limits and become an entrepreneur. More importantly, I wanted to create a call to action to all Millennials and young adults. We are the future and we have the abilities to make our dreams come true. You can be a dancer and a blogger, a photographer and a life coach, or a graphic design and an influencer. You can do it all as long as you put in the WORK and believe in yourself.
I believe it is important to develop any interests I have because I don’t know where they can take me. For example, I had the random slightly impulsive idea to create a blog, so I did. Another recent interest of mine is social media management and marketing. So, I am currently working as a social media intern for a dance company in hopes that I can become full time for multiple companies and expand my experience into my own marketing company.
Some of my interests truly take shape and become something great and some fall short, but the most important thing is that I went for it! You will not know your potential if you house your ideas and never cultivate them.
In a nutshell, I’m an artist, a creative, a motivator, a Millennial, and an entrepreneur in the making.
10 Fun Facts About Me!
- I am a dancer. Dance has played such an integral part in my life in shaping who I am. Dance is special; I get to be this creative being that uses my entire body to tell a story and inspire audiences. I am getting my Bachelor in Fine Arts Degree (BFA) in Dance. Want to see more dance photos? Follow me on Instagram!
- My Faith makes life possible.
- My family and friends mean the world to me! I am extremely close to my mom and older sister; those two women are my rocks! Having a strong support system of people who genuinely care about you is so important. They make me a better person and help me realize my greatness.
- I am a city girl from Brooklyn. I love love love Brooklyn, and I will always say that with pride and joy.
- I am obsessed with fitness and nutrition. When your body feels good and your mind is nourished, you feel good.
- But, I do have a sweet tooth. Ice cream, frozen yogurt, and cookies are my weakness. Now, I am into anything that has cookie dough!
- I am a lover of natural hair. I have been natural my entire life, but more recently I started to really immerse myself in the natural hair community and all the women out there sharing their tips and words of wisdom. I too had a big chop moment in March 2016, and it was one of the best decisions I made.
- I love to travel, and visit new places in the world.
- I am a nerd when it comes to my love for saving and finances. I think financial education is very important, especially if we want to retain wealth. My older sister has an informative and successful financial blog- Journey To Launch.
- One random fact is I have a bar tendering license. If you need a bartender, I’m always available! 🙂
For questions or comments, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be a step closer to becoming a financially smart girl boss? Grab a copy of my Best Tips To Manage Your Finances in 2017!
I strongly believe making good financial choices is crucial to becoming successful. In 2017, I want us to take control of our finances and feel more equipped to make better choices. If one of your 2017 goals is to save money or spend more wisely then this worksheet is for you!